CSM 300g 450g 600g E Glass Fiberglass Chopped Strand Mat For Boat
Glass fiber chopped strand mat(referred to as chopped strand mat)
is the raw glass fiber filament cut into a 50mm long, randomly but
equally distributed in the mesh belt, and spread power or emulsion
binder by heating after curing bonding into chopped strand mat.
This non-woven mat is characterized by great combination of resin,
easy processing, good wet strength retention, excellent laminate
clear color, transparency.
Suitable applications of chopped strand mat is hand lay-up FRP like
various sheets and panels, boat hulls, bath tubs, cooling towers,
vehicles, automobile, chemical, electrical industries etc.
- Thickness uniformity, no hairiness, stains and debries.
- Coating and defoaming good performance.
- Quick permeation, high strength of the product, humid conditions
less strength loss.
- Good wet-out, Easy to form, easy roll-out and air release.
- even thickness, low fuzz.
- Great resistance to watering and chemical agents, used in
- High tensile strength, suitable for filament winding or continuous
- Smooth laminate surface, transparency.
Data Sheet Of CSM450:
|Mass Per Unit Area|
|Capacity Of 20FT Container||10 Tons|
Useful Tips For CSM
The individual fibers that make up chopped strand mat is held
together by an adhesive binder(powder/emulsion) that is designed to
break down in polyester and vinyl ester resins.
How Much Resin Do I Need?
Fiberglass chopped strand mat requires approximately 1.5 to 2 times
its own weight in resin for complete saturation (For example: 1LB
chopped strand mat needs 1.5 to 2 LBS of resin). Most resins weigh
about 9.5 LBS per gallon.
Weight: 100g/m2, 200g/m2, 300g/m2, 450g/m2, 600g/m2, 900g/m2
Roll Weight: 35kg